Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Emergent Technology 2: Mix Book

For my third emergent technology I decided to try out Mixbooks. As I have mentioned before I love pictures and am always looking for a new way to display and share them. I have made photobooks from other cites before, but Mixbooks had more options and seemed easier to use. I really enjoyed this program and found it super easy to use. I also loved that I could retrieve my photos right off of Facebook, and could used the ones others uploaded of me and the ones I did myself. When I become a teacher I could see myself using this to share memories from the year with my students and their parents. It would be nice because I could make it online and share the link with them, then the parents could decide if they wanted to buy a copy for themselves. Using the internet will be a great way to save me money, yet still share the memories with my students and their parents. I will likely use Mixbooks for personal things as well in the near future. I take a lot of pictures of my cousins and am considering making a book for their mom to enjoy. I can think of many reasons Mixbooks will be useful to me now and in the future. I am really glad I had the opportunity to explore this cite, because I probably would not have found it if not for this class.

Here is the link to my Mixbook. It contains pictures of my family and friends from this spring. Enjoy!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great book! I liked your idea about a teacher making a book from the year and then sending the link home and giving the parents have the option to print it or not! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I took a look around this site too. I am glad to see the finished product. I can't wait to upload my pictures and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete